Tuesday, March 17, 2009

4 years later...

Todd and I just celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary on Friday the 13th.
To celebrate we did some self portraits. I have to admit, I don't like living in the desert. All the visions I had of photos involve trees and grass not cactus and dirt. I had a particular spot in mind that I wanted to shoot at but it's kind of far away and we had other things to do.
After our little shoot, we went to a new sushi place for an appetizer. We had the Philly Roll and Shrimp Tempura. OMG! It was sooo good!! I'm picky about sushi and thought the only places to get GOOD sushi were in Scottsdale (which is about 45 mins from here). I'm happy to report our new sushi place is about 20 mins from here. (and they make some good Cosmos too) YEAH!!! In fact, it was so good, we went there the next day with Todd's cousin and his family.
After we finished our appetizer and drinks, we went to see Watchmen. It was terrible. I could hardly watch it, it was that bad. Maybe it's better if you knew the comic book at all but we didn't. It was a long movie too. 2 hours and 40 mins to be exact. It ruined our plans because we were going to grab dinner afterwards but since it didn't end until about 10:30, we didn't have a lot of options for dinner. The only place that was really open for dinner, and that would be for awhile, was Buffalo Wild Wings. The food was pretty good but the service was awful. We got there and the lady asked if we wanted to sit outside. I said no so she said there is open seating in the bar. We walked over there and looked around but didn't see anywhere we wanted to sit. Then a guy walked by and said, "you don't have to sit in here, she can seat you over there". We didn't want to sit in the bar anyways so we walked back and she reluctantly sat us. She practically ran to the table. And to top it off she brought me back a Budwieser instead of a Bud light like I know I asked for and she didn't even bother to correct it. You would think that someone who works for tips would be a little nicer and WANT to take a table. It's not like it was busy in there or anything.

That was our anniversary and here are some of the pics I took of us in the desert. It's really hard to do different poses when you are IN the picture. It's a pain in the butt to be exact.
Anyways... The first one is my favorite.




And an out take :)

No comments: